Obsidian Entertainment launched its Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire crowdfunding campaign on Fig today. You can go ahead and check it out if you like, give them your lunch money like a playground shakedown or just to figure out what exactly is Fig. That last one I can help you with, as some of you may recall I did a bit of an expose on Fig back on Sunday so that’ll save you a google search.
Obsidian intends for Fig campaign to serve as an investing incentive as well as a rewards-based draw. Deadfire will serve as the sequel to Pillars of Eternity building on the original while adding new features including an open world map with freedom to explore and “truly living cities.” They hail the game as being inspired by Baldur’s Gate 2: Shadows of Amn, Icewind Dale, and Planescape: Torment. Oh joy, another nostalgia game.
So, prepare to get your retro-inspired game on?
- You Can No Longer Fly Your Ship in Sea of Thieves - April 26, 2018
- Team Secret has Joined the Fortnite Esport Scene - April 26, 2018
- Epic Games Adds Test Pattern to Contribute to Meteor Madness - April 25, 2018
- Rumor: Destiny 2 Warmind Could Bring Back Sleeper Simulant - April 25, 2018
- StarCraft II is Adding a Paid Custom Map Marketplace - April 24, 2018