Breaking new ground, keeping ahead of the curve, and pushing comics forward, Diamond Gem Publisher of the Year Award winner BOOM! Studios announced a new digital comics app this week, in partnership with Madefire. The app, currently available only on iOS but coming to newfangled Android phones sometime in the future, will “feature BOOM!’s acclaimed library of acclaimed comics from all four imprints –BOOM! Studios, BOOM! Box, KaBOOM!, and Archaia – along with day-and-date major releases, including today’s Mighty Morphin Power Rangers #11 and WWE #1.” The app is available to download for free, and will allow the purchase of brand new BOOM! Studios titles at their printed cover price.
“The BOOM! Studios app is the perfect one-stop destination for digital comics readers to discover the latest issues of their favorite series and every single new release,” said Filip Sablik, President of Publishing & Marketing, BOOM! Studios, in a press release. Sablik seems to be very excited about the prospect of a standalone digital comics app. Other things Sablik is said to be excited about include Toy Story 3, the faceoff between the New Orleans Saints and the Indianapolis Colts at Super Bowl XLIV, the debut of Justin Bieber’s first full-length studio album, My World 2.0, and the release of a brand new device that will revolutionize digital comics reading, the Apple iPad. “As BOOM! enters its biggest year yet, we’re committed to making it even easier to discover hit series, new and old, from all our imprints on mobile devices.”
BOOM! Studios previously released a digital comics app in partnership with comiXology in 2010, and it’s possible some details are getting confused in Bleeding Cool’s timeline.
- Amidst Criticism, Dark Horse Expands Employee Health Plan to Include Services for Transgender Employees - June 22, 2018
- Preview the Summer’s Biggest Intercompany Crossover as Archie Meets Batman ’66 - June 22, 2018
- One Last Summer: First Look Inside Amber Benson, Sarah Kuhn, and Siobhan Keenan’s Clueless OGN - June 22, 2018
- Managing Editor Albert Ching Leaves Comic Book Resources - June 22, 2018
- Velveteen Dream Rejects Hulk Hogan’s Offer to Manage Him - June 22, 2018