When Lobo was reintroduced to DC’s New 52 four years ago, it was very different to the Simon Bisley-styled Lobo, a heavy metal rocking version of the genocidal assassin that had been popular in recent years.
This version was dubbed “Lipstick Lobo” or similar. And he didn’t exactly go down well.
Not even when fighting a version of his old self.
Of late, wth DC Rebirth, we have seen a reversion to the Bisley-designed Lobo, indeed, Simon Bisley is returning to draw the character in the next issue of Harley’s Little Black Book in which the pair will be incredibly naked for most of the issue.
But what of Lipstick Lobo?
Well, today’s Hal Jordan & The Green Lantern Corps by Robert Venditti and Ethan Van Sciver sees the Green Lanterns smashing up Larfleez’s collection, freeing all his prisoners.
Except one. A familiar face inside one of the glass frames, shrunken down to size.
He stays in the bottle. Not even DC Rebirth can save this verskion of the character…
And yes, it is rather meta isn’t it?
- John Tyler Christopher Switches From Action Figure To Trading Card Covers – And Jim Lee’s Astonishing X-Men 1:1000 Variant Revealed - June 22, 2017
- Marvel Promises Marvel Legacy Will Affect Every Hero, Every Title, Every Story, Announced Tomorrow - June 22, 2017
- Dave Sim Does Superman For Aardvark Comics #1 - June 22, 2017
- Gendercrunching April 2017 – Marvel Comics, DC, Image, Dark Horse And IDW - June 22, 2017
- Expect A “Return To Planet Hulk” With Marvel Legacy - June 22, 2017