While the cat is away, the mice will play.
Kirby was the king of many arts in the comic book medium. And while many of his storytelling innovations – like the multi-part crossover and double page splash, just to name a few – are still regular fixtures of the Wednesday comic rack, another one of his most famous devices – the cutaway page – is more often overlooked than not.
Until today’s Ninjak #23 from Valiant, that is:
Kicking off the new “Seven Blades of Master Darque” storyline by Matt Kindt with art by Marc Laming, the new issue of Ninjak follows an elaborate prison heist from one of the superspy’s deadliest enemies: Roku. But before Roku’s jail-break begins, the issue sets the stage by giving us a detailed look inside the prison that’s about to be breached.
And, as SNL’s Stefon might say, this club has everything.
…And, of course, British werewolf super-soldiers…
But it’s all very familiar…
- Plaid Klaus And Devmalya Pramanik Talk Void Trip, Paradiso, and Image Comics. - October 17, 2017
- When Alison Bechdel, Marjane Satrapi And Roz Chast Appeared On The Simpsons - October 17, 2017
- Asterix Cover Art Sells For 1.65 Million Dollars - October 17, 2017
- Samoa Joe Writes A New Comic Book For Boom’s WWE Line - October 17, 2017
- Quantum And Woody! #1 Literally Recycles Jim Lee’s WildCATS #2 Covers From 1992 - October 17, 2017