While the cat is away, the mice will play.
Kirby was the king of many arts in the comic book medium. And while many of his storytelling innovations – like the multi-part crossover and double page splash, just to name a few – are still regular fixtures of the Wednesday comic rack, another one of his most famous devices – the cutaway page – is more often overlooked than not.
Until today’s Ninjak #23 from Valiant, that is:
Kicking off the new “Seven Blades of Master Darque” storyline by Matt Kindt with art by Marc Laming, the new issue of Ninjak follows an elaborate prison heist from one of the superspy’s deadliest enemies: Roku. But before Roku’s jail-break begins, the issue sets the stage by giving us a detailed look inside the prison that’s about to be breached.
And, as SNL’s Stefon might say, this club has everything.
…And, of course, British werewolf super-soldiers…
But it’s all very familiar…
- Extended Preview of Axis & Atlas #1, the New Titan Comic That’s “a Cross Between Asterix and Bone” - December 15, 2017
- Comic Store In Your Future: Getting Rid of the Dead Shoplifters Before the Secret Shopper Arrives - December 15, 2017
- Sir Derek Jacobi to Play the Voice of God in Good Omens TV Series - December 15, 2017
- Marvel Comics Asks Retailers to Hold on to Ed Piskor’s Corner Box - December 15, 2017
- Tales of Tomorrow: Bringing Comics, Cosplay, and Coffee to the Four Corners - December 15, 2017