While the cat is away, the mice will play.
Kirby was the king of many arts in the comic book medium. And while many of his storytelling innovations – like the multi-part crossover and double page splash, just to name a few – are still regular fixtures of the Wednesday comic rack, another one of his most famous devices – the cutaway page – is more often overlooked than not.
Until today’s Ninjak #23 from Valiant, that is:
Kicking off the new “Seven Blades of Master Darque” storyline by Matt Kindt with art by Marc Laming, the new issue of Ninjak follows an elaborate prison heist from one of the superspy’s deadliest enemies: Roku. But before Roku’s jail-break begins, the issue sets the stage by giving us a detailed look inside the prison that’s about to be breached.
And, as SNL’s Stefon might say, this club has everything.
…And, of course, British werewolf super-soldiers…
But it’s all very familiar…
- Marvel Legacy Covers Without The Animation – The Old 52 – But No Captain America? - June 25, 2017
- 10 Rules For Hiring Indie Comics Artists - June 24, 2017
- Velveteen Rabbit Made Real With David Mack And A Full Orchestra - June 24, 2017
- Spreading The Anthology Love Through Kickstarter - June 24, 2017
- Ten Thoughts About Doctor Who: World Enough And Time – They Call Her Doctor Who! - June 24, 2017