While the cat is away, the mice will play.
Kirby was the king of many arts in the comic book medium. And while many of his storytelling innovations – like the multi-part crossover and double page splash, just to name a few – are still regular fixtures of the Wednesday comic rack, another one of his most famous devices – the cutaway page – is more often overlooked than not.
Until today’s Ninjak #23 from Valiant, that is:
Kicking off the new “Seven Blades of Master Darque” storyline by Matt Kindt with art by Marc Laming, the new issue of Ninjak follows an elaborate prison heist from one of the superspy’s deadliest enemies: Roku. But before Roku’s jail-break begins, the issue sets the stage by giving us a detailed look inside the prison that’s about to be breached.
And, as SNL’s Stefon might say, this club has everything.
…And, of course, British werewolf super-soldiers…
But it’s all very familiar…
- The Jetsons Recreated As Something Closer To Black Mirror By DC Comics - March 23, 2017
- Rat Queens, Grass Kings, American Gods, Secret Empires And ResurrXions Top Advance Reorders - March 23, 2017
- DC Comics Publisher Dan DiDio Recreates Top Cat As Batman Villainn - March 23, 2017
- A Few DC Covers For April, From Jamie McKelvie To Sienkiewicz To Conner To Cho - March 22, 2017
- Garth Ennis And Donny Cates Find New Homes For Comics In AfterShock’s Solicits For June 2017 - March 22, 2017