While the cat is away, the mice will play.
Kirby was the king of many arts in the comic book medium. And while many of his storytelling innovations – like the multi-part crossover and double page splash, just to name a few – are still regular fixtures of the Wednesday comic rack, another one of his most famous devices – the cutaway page – is more often overlooked than not.
Until today’s Ninjak #23 from Valiant, that is:
Kicking off the new “Seven Blades of Master Darque” storyline by Matt Kindt with art by Marc Laming, the new issue of Ninjak follows an elaborate prison heist from one of the superspy’s deadliest enemies: Roku. But before Roku’s jail-break begins, the issue sets the stage by giving us a detailed look inside the prison that’s about to be breached.
And, as SNL’s Stefon might say, this club has everything.
…And, of course, British werewolf super-soldiers…
But it’s all very familiar…
- What If… Two Companies Had The Harvey Comics License At The Same Time? - February 26, 2017
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List 26th February 2017 – “I Wish Marvel’s Best Comic Could Be As Good As Their Worst Movie Or Netflix” - February 26, 2017
- One Last Cheer! A 2000AD Birthday Interview With Mike Carroll, Mike Collins And Rufus Dayglo - February 26, 2017
- 2000AD #2, First Appearance Of Judge Dredd, Sells For Over $880 On eBay - February 26, 2017
- Lying In The Gutters – 26th February 2017 – Holding The Market Back At $2.99? - February 26, 2017