Today’s Detective Comics #948 works as a #0 issue for the new Batwoman comic book starting next month, written by Marguerite Bennett and James Tynion IV. But it introduces a new supporting character for the Batbooks, as designed by artist Ben Oliver. One Dr Victoria October.
And she knows how to make an entrance.
It may be considered unfortunate by subtextual analysists that her appearance is in the midst of genetic freaks and monstrosities. But it’s Batman, there’s always going to be something up. And Dr October goes on to establish her relationship with Batman extends long before that, and something more of the extraterrestrial bent. As we discover…
Pupal and deadname are the giveaway there. Dr Victoria October is a trans female scientist with a white stripe and a cane. And surrounded by silhouettes. And then that’s it, the story moves on…
Detective Comics #948 is published today.
- Let’s All Watch Frank Miller And Klaus Janson Talk Will Eisner For Over An Hour - April 30, 2017
- Moving The Needle – Bleeding Cool’s Top 11 Hottest Writers, April 2017 - April 30, 2017
- Moving The Needle – Bleeding Cool’s Top 11 Hottest Artists, April 2017 - April 30, 2017
- Who’s Behind The Vault Door In Doctor Who Series Ten? (VIDEO) - April 30, 2017
- Lying In The Gutters 30th April 2017 – I Like Big Bids And I Cannot Lie - April 30, 2017