Today’s Detective Comics #948 works as a #0 issue for the new Batwoman comic book starting next month, written by Marguerite Bennett and James Tynion IV. But it introduces a new supporting character for the Batbooks, as designed by artist Ben Oliver. One Dr Victoria October.
And she knows how to make an entrance.
It may be considered unfortunate by subtextual analysists that her appearance is in the midst of genetic freaks and monstrosities. But it’s Batman, there’s always going to be something up. And Dr October goes on to establish her relationship with Batman extends long before that, and something more of the extraterrestrial bent. As we discover…
Pupal and deadname are the giveaway there. Dr Victoria October is a trans female scientist with a white stripe and a cane. And surrounded by silhouettes. And then that’s it, the story moves on…
Detective Comics #948 is published today.
- Gerry Duggan and Mike Deodato, Creative Team for Infinite Countdown Prime #1 in February 2018 - December 13, 2017
- A Music Video Trailer for ML Miller and James Michael Whynot’s Gravetrancers #1, Out Today - December 13, 2017
- In Today’s Amazing Spider-Man #793, Ryan Stegman Does His Best Todd McFarlane Impersonation to Date - December 13, 2017
- Durham Red and Chopper Return to 2000AD and Judge Dredd Megazine - December 13, 2017
- The Making of a Fascist Batman in Today’s Detective Comics #970 (SPOILERS) - December 13, 2017