Today’s Detective Comics #948 works as a #0 issue for the new Batwoman comic book starting next month, written by Marguerite Bennett and James Tynion IV. But it introduces a new supporting character for the Batbooks, as designed by artist Ben Oliver. One Dr Victoria October.
And she knows how to make an entrance.
It may be considered unfortunate by subtextual analysists that her appearance is in the midst of genetic freaks and monstrosities. But it’s Batman, there’s always going to be something up. And Dr October goes on to establish her relationship with Batman extends long before that, and something more of the extraterrestrial bent. As we discover…
Pupal and deadname are the giveaway there. Dr Victoria October is a trans female scientist with a white stripe and a cane. And surrounded by silhouettes. And then that’s it, the story moves on…
Detective Comics #948 is published today.
- Five Graphic Novels From Caliber In June 2017 - March 23, 2017
- X-O Manowar Gets Animated In New Video Trailer - March 23, 2017
- Ruff And Ready, Recreated As Nineteen-Fifties Blue Comedians By Howard Chaykin - March 23, 2017
- DC Comics Discover Lost Copies Of DC Rebirth Special (Third Printing) - March 23, 2017
- Watch Snagglepuss Naming Names To The House Committee On Un-American Activities - March 23, 2017