John Romita Jr was solicited to join the twice-monthly Suicide Squad series with issue #13 and #14 in March, taking over from Riley Rossmo who, himself, had taken over from Jim Lee, and who drew #9, the issue out today.
But it seems that time and tide wait for no Romita. And he will be joining the book on February 8th with #11, after the next issue with Giuseppe Cafaro.
Which means the cover for #13 has now been moved up as well.
Romita will be inked by Richard Friend and Eddy Barrows and Eber Ferreira, will draw the backup strip. The five issue run will see 12 pages in each issue by Romita and Friend and 8 from Barrows and Ferreira. All written by Rob Williams.
The new epic “Burning Down the House” begins in SUICIDE SQUAD #11, which spins directly out of JUSTICE LEAGUE VS. SUICIDE SQUAD! Hidden somewhere deep within, the world is a burning flame. Its light is blinding. Its heat is deadly. It’s a fire fueled by hatred, by rage and by vengeance. Used, abused and left for dead, the greatest foe the Suicide Squad has ever faced returns, more powerful than ever, to burn down the world Amanda Waller has given everything to protect.
- Who Watches The Watchmen? Geoff Johns Does, At San Diego Comic-Con With The First Panels Of ‘Doomsday Clock’ - July 20, 2017
- Watch Halle Berry Chug A Glass Of Whisky At San Diego Comic-Con’s ‘Kingsman’ Panel - July 20, 2017
- The Props Of Blade Runner At San Diego Comic-Con – With A Surprise Appearance From Adam Savage - July 20, 2017
- Steven Moffat And Sue Vertue Talk Sherlock Holmes And Manga At San Diego Comic-Con - July 20, 2017
- Jakks Pacific’s San Diego Comic-Con Panel In 61 Photos – Will We Get A Nightwing Toy Now? - July 20, 2017