With the hashtag of #BoostYourLCS hitting the web to help comics shops everywhere, Pack Rat comics in Hilliard, Ohio pointed out something else that is hurting comics shops… and it’s not lack of new readers, variant covers, late shipping books or digital editions…
It’s subscribers who order comics then don’t pick them up.
As the sign points out, Pack Rat has $1,481.20 in comics that were not picked up from their pull service in the last 3 months. Not I’m not sure if that’s cover value or the amount they paid, but either way those books are tying up their ability to order more inventory and since they are being held for customers, they can’t be sold.
If you are a subscriber at your local comic shop and haven’t picked up your books in a while… either head down and get them or set them free so they can find a good home and retailers can then cycle that money back into buying more books. Maybe we need #PickUpYourBooks
It’s the comic book circle of life… don’t be Scar.
— Packrat Comics (@Packrat_Comics) January 10, 2017
- A Quick And Easy Way To Dive Into The Pathfinder RPG - October 17, 2017
- Supergirl Season 3, Episode 2 Recap: Triggers - October 17, 2017
- Legends Of Tomorrow Season 3: The Titanic Reunion Of Billy Zane And Victor Garber - October 17, 2017
- Free On Bleeding Cool: Read Pathfinder #1 And Check Out New Humble Bundle - October 17, 2017
- Fans Decide How Spider-Man: Homecoming Should Have Ended - October 17, 2017