After Ross Richie kicked off the idea of #BoostYourLCS, my friend Ashley and I decided to hit a few local comic shops and buy some trades… but record it so folks can get a look inside the shops in case they want to go visit. Our first trip out took us to Fullerton, CA where we found two shops within a mile of each other. The first, Comic Hero University is part of the Fullerton Train Station… so it’s really easy to get to. The shop is a nice, friendly place with a big comfy couch and feels like a classic comic shop. Comic Book Hideout on the other hand as an amazing mural of art on the windows done by Dan Fraga and inside it’s very large and bright, feeling like a modern shop that also carries crafted items and has a woman teaching painting in the back three days a week. Both stores were fun to visit and we made our purchases.
The video below is my first attempt at recording out and about.. the sound quality is lacking but I can fix that on the next outing. And you still get a good idea of what the stores are like from the footage.
Comic Hero University – 140 E. Santa Fe Ave, Fullerton, CA. 92832
Comic Book Hideout – 215 W. Commonwealth Ave, Fullerton, CA. 92823
- 5 Things We Want to See in Krypton Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Gotham Season 5, the Final Season - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Black Lightning Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in DC’s Legends of Tomorrow Season 4 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Supergirl Season 4 - June 30, 2018