At the Television Critics Association press tour it was announced that Matt Ryan will reprise his role as John Constantine for a new animated series to run on the CW Seed.
Ryan originally portrayed the character on the short-lived NBC series Constantine and then again on an episode of Arrow in season 4. He’s also voicing the character in the upcoming Justice League Dark animated movie. Fans continue to call for a revival of the series, hoping it would get picked up by the CW.
For anyone disappointed that it’s going to be animated, keep in mind that Vixen was first tried out in an animated series before making her live action debut on Arrow and then… though a different actress / generation… she’s now a regular on Legends of Tomorrow. This could be a trial run on the character for more appearances and to keep Ryan tied to it.
It does bring up the question of what happened to The Ray animated series we were promised? And as for John’s tease… I’m leaning towards this not being it. In this tweet that he teased a new DC TV series, he didn’t mention Vixen which you’d think he would if it was another CW Seed series he was talking about.
- How Berlanti, Kreisberg And Guggenheim Can Solve A Problem Like Deathstroke And Constantine
- Dan Taylor Unveils Sci-Fi Noir Novella ‘Pi Private Eye’ - March 18, 2018
- NFL Draft 2018: Trade Near the Top as Jets and Colts Swap Picks - March 18, 2018
- Cirque du Soleil Aerialist Dies After Fall During Live Performance - March 18, 2018
- Krypton Season 1: Titles and Synopses for First 3 Episodes - March 18, 2018
- Legends of Tomorrow Season 3: 7 New Images Fuel the Ava Speculation - March 18, 2018