The Golden Girls was a 1985 sitcom starring Bea Arthur, Betty White, Rue McClanahan, and Estelle Getty about four older women living in a house together in Miami and brutally insulting each other over and over again. “I treat my body like a temple,” McClanahan’s character Blanche once said, to which Getty’s character, Sophia, replied: “Yeah, open to everyone, day or night.” Something about four older women delivering these cutting remarks gave them a unique charm, helping the show run for 180 episodes over 7 seasons and netting multiple awards including Emmys and Golden Globes. The show even inspired The Merc With A Mouth himself, Deadpool, who has a crush on Bea Arthur due to a running joke Fabian Nicieza stole from the movie Airheads during his Cable and Deadpool run.
And now, at last, it will be streamed on Hulu. All 180 episodes will be available to stream starting February 13.
As the world evolves to make cutting the cable cord more feasible, Hulu has been ramping up to offer a live TV streaming service competing with the likes of Sling TV, Direct TV Now, and Playstation Vue, and they’ve also been building up their catalog of classics. Golden Girls joins programs like Seinfeld to help Hulu position themselves as the goto online service for television fans.
But don’t think that Bleeding Cool’s love of The Golden Girls means we’ve turned our back on Bleeding Cool’s official favorite show, Fuller House, from Hulu’s rival, Netflix. There’s enough Bleeding Cool articles to go around for both shows. We promise.
- X-Men: Bland Design – A Familiar Foe Returns in Astonishing X-Men #8 - February 23, 2018
- Justice League Shocker: Zack Snyder Likes Anti-Whedon Post on Social Media - February 23, 2018
- Gene Ha’s Mae Comes to Lion Forge with New Series - February 23, 2018
- Report: Chevy Chase Involved in Road Rage Altercation - February 23, 2018
- Bam Bam Bigelow, Kid Rock Rumored as Last 2018 WWE Hall of Fame Inductees - February 23, 2018