Everybody loves the 1988 cult classic film They Live, about pro wrestler Rowdy Roddy Piper, imbued with the power of magic sunglasses that allow him to see hidden aliens that secretly control humanity, chewing bubblegum and kicking ass… and he’s all out of bubblegum. But did you know that the film is also a racist message about Jews controlling the world? No? Well, that’s good, because that means you’re probably not a Neo-Nazi. It also means you’re probably not an idiot, because that’s not what the movie is about at all.
Unfortunately, that was somewhat unclear to Neo-Nazis, who have apparently been floating that theory so much on the internet that director John Carpenter himself was forced to take to Twitter to dispel it:
THEY LIVE is about yuppies and unrestrained capitalism. It has nothing to do with Jewish control of the world, which is slander and a lie.
— John Carpenter (@TheHorrorMaster) January 4, 2017
So there you have it, because, apparently, that needed to be said.
- Valiant’s The Forgotten Queen Gets a Pre-Order Bundle with Amilcar Pinna Variants - November 13, 2018
- A First Look at Ben 10: The Truth is Out There is In Here - November 13, 2018
- 11 Pages from Kel McDonald and Tyler Crook’s ComiXology Original Series Stone King, Debuting Tomorrow - November 13, 2018
- Daniel Bryan’s Shocking Title Win Almost Makes Up for WWE Pulling Becky Lynch from Survivor Series - November 13, 2018
- What Was Up with Ronda Rousey’s “Millennials” Promo on WWE Raw Last Night? - November 13, 2018