Killer doll Chucky is returning to cinemas this fall in the seventh installment of the horror franchise, written and directed by original Child’s Play writer Don Mancini, who has written all six films and directed the last two, Cult of Chucky stars Brad Dourif, Fiona Dourif, Jennifer Tilly, and Alex Vincent. The movie picks up after the events of 2013’s Curse of Chucky. Here’s the official synopsis, via ScreenRant:
Confined to an asylum for the criminally insane for the past four years, Nica Pierce (Fiona Dourif) is erroneously convinced that she, not Chucky, murdered her entire family. But when her psychiatrist introduces a new therapeutic “tool” to facilitate his patients’ group sessions — an all-too-familiar “Good Guy” doll with an innocently smiling face — a string of grisly deaths begins to plague the asylum, and Nica starts to wonder if maybe she isn’t crazy after all. Andy Barclay (Alex Vincent), Chucky’s now-grown-up nemesis from the original Child’s Play, races to Nica’s aid. But to save her he’ll have to get past Tiffany (Oscar-nominee Jennifer Tilly), Chucky’s long-ago bride, who will do anything, no matter how deadly or depraved, to help her beloved devil doll.
You can watch the trailer below. Cult of Chucky is beginning filming next week, and will be in theaters sometime this Fall.
- X-Men: Bland Design – It’s Not a Happy Birthday for Logan in Weapon X #15 - March 19, 2018
- Dark Horse to Collect Matt Kindt’s 3 Story: The Secret History of the Giant Man in New Expanded Edition - March 19, 2018
- Braun Strowman Must Find Partner for WrestleMania Tag Team Title Match; Here’s the 3 Most Likely Choices - March 19, 2018
- X-Men: Bland Design – Drinking, Killing, and Portable Storage Technology in Old Man Logan #36 - March 19, 2018
- X-Men: Bland Design – Revenge is a Dish Best Served with Boots in All-New Wolverine - March 19, 2018