Proving that Bleeding Cool Rumormonger-in-Chief Rich Johnston knows what Marvel is doing before even they do, the publisher just announced their Deadpool Vs. Punisher comic in an interview with writer Fred Van Lente on their website today, even though Bleeding Cool already reported it LAST YEAR. Of course, by last year, we are talking about just a few weeks ago, but it’s still technically correct. Rich Johnston discovered the news during a fishing trip in South America in December, but at the time, he only knew that the trade paperback would cost $17.99. Now, we also know that artist Pere Perez will join Van Lente on the creative team, and that the series will launch in April.
According to Van Lente, the storyline that brings these two anti-heroes together has to do with a brand new villain called The Bank:
The Bank is a shadowy character who’s existed in the Marvel Universe for decades, but we’ve never heard of him before because he is very much off the grid—he’s as his name implies a money man, who handles offshore accounts for a variety of amoral-to-immoral characters and organizations.
He also happens to be one of Wade Wilson’s best friends, having known Deadpool before his Weapon X days, and so when Punisher decides to bring The Bank down, he’s got to go through Deadpool to do that, and you know what? Frank doesn’t really have a problem with that, since he doesn’t like Wade all that much anyway.
There’s a bit more to it than that, but that would get into spoiler territory, so I will leave it there for now…
It’s not exactly clear, but it looks like Deadpool Versus The Punisher will be a five issue mini-series. The trade paperback, as Rich discovered, will be out in August.
We feel like we’re forgetting something…
- Triple H Defends WWE’s Relationship with Saudi Arabia, Hopes Women Can Wrestle in Country in a Few Years - April 24, 2018
- Will Smith’s Genie is “a Little Bit Hitch, a Little Fresh Prince, and a Whole Lot of Attitude” - April 24, 2018
- Spoilers Revealed in New Avengers: Infinity War Clip at #CinemaCon2018 - April 24, 2018
- NATO President on Millennials Killing Movies: It’s a Complete Myth [#CinemaCon2018] - April 24, 2018
- Zack Ryder Injured Thanks to Trying Too Hard in WWE Main Event Match; Will Miss Greatest Royal Rumble - April 24, 2018