Now the Guardian newspaper has picked it up. And they managed to get an actual quote out of DC Comics.
The critically acclaimed, Eisner-nominated comic series The Legend Of Wonder Woman has been cancelled by DC Comics, because of what a spokesperson for DC called “a challenging relationship” with the husband and wife team behind the series.
The DC spokesperson told the Guardian that though “we loved the book and we were very excited to work on the collected volume”, the studio was concerned about Dillon’s public comments about other teams at DC on social media.
Dillon had denied that his negative comments on Twitter regarding rival Wonder Woman projects was responsible for the cancellation of the series. We pointed out that DC believed differently and this article appears to confirm that.
- Champions, Black Panther, and Mystery of Madripoor Go to Second Prints for Marvel Comics - May 25, 2018
- Antarctic Press Seeks Superhero Submissions for the Superverse - May 25, 2018
- Golden Apple Comics Is Now in Diamond Previews: Adventure Van and Blastosaurus - May 25, 2018
- J. Scott Campbell Covers to X-Classified #1 Cancelled - May 25, 2018
- Marvel Switches True Believers’ Fantastic Four for Marvel Two-In-One - May 25, 2018