Olly MacNamee writes
I’ve just heard that Humanoids, the main publisher of Jodorowsky’s graphic novels like The Incal, The Metabarons and the forthcoming The Magical Twins, are apparently changing the author credits on their books from Alexandro Jodorowsky to Alejandro Jodorowsky.
The changing of the X to a J is in keeping with his brand name outside of comics allowing for much more recognition for his film fans, and avoiding any confusion. The first book to reflect this rebrand will be The Metabaron Book 2: The Techno-Cardinal and The Transhuman written by Jorodowsky and Jerry Frissen (Unfabulous 5, The Z Word) and illustrated by Niko Henrichon (Pride of Baghdad) which is released in March 2017.
Humanoids’ publisher and owner, Fabrice Giger let slip “When he started creating his first work with Moebius in the ’70s, Jodorowsky had already made the choice to spell his first name with an X – as it can be seen on the cover of the storyboard of his well-known abandoned movie project DUNE – but for the almost 30 years that I have been his publisher, I have always called him Alejandro. I believe he now feels it’s time to reunite all his work in various disciplines under one identity, the name his parents gave him.”
We had, prior to this news, followed Tim Pilcher (Humanoids UK) who gave a talk on the career on Jodorowsky which is now up on YouTube. If you are a fan – and you must be if you’re reading this – then why not take a look below:
- Boom’s Firefly #1 Has Pre-Orders of 57,291 Copies – Any More For Any More? - October 23, 2018
- Victor Gorelick Does Not Pay Tribute to Archie’s Co-CEO Nancy Silberkleit - October 23, 2018
- NYCC Goss: What’s Up With The Inhumans Then? - October 23, 2018
- NYCC Goss: Sorry, Jane Foster Isn’t Getting Her Own Comic Book? - October 23, 2018
- NYCC Goss: Charles Soule – From Daredevil to Star Wars - October 23, 2018