Amazing Arizona Comic Con was a comic convention, part of the Amazing line of shows, run by Jimmy Jay. We recently reported how that show would not be held in 2017, along with the Amazing Houston Comic Con. But there will be other shows. And Rob Liefeld had some concerns.
Local retailer Jesse James is also running a completely separate show – which Liefeld will most likely appear at. But other creators confirmed being approached in a similar fashion. Fabian Nicieza quoted from an e-mail he had received from Wheeler, saying
Jimmy Jay replied,
With Rob Liefeld also replying,
And Fabian continuing,
Mike Wheeler runs the store Comic Outlaws, and it appears he used that Facebook page to reply,
As for that Jesse James show?
The heat is on…
UPDATE: Jesse James adds,
This posted today… though it’s an interesting write up and appreciate the shout out for AzEventureCon. I would like to make sure that everybody knows, we have not approached Mr Rob Liefeld about coming to our show. Though we would love to have him come out to the store or a future event (hint hint). We know Mr Liefeld is a very busy man and also understand we are a smaller show and not yet set up for a Crowd that would come see him. So, No Liefeld and no we never said he was coming.
Fanboy Rampage was a blog by Graeme McMillan dedicated to the funniest, most ludicrous and most inappropriate comic book back-and-forths online. McMillan has moved on now, becoming a proper journalist for the likes of The Hollywood Reporter and Wired but he gave permission to Bleeding Cool to revive his great creation. Feel free to suggest your own observed spots of online excess.
- Comixology Bestseller List – Justice, No Justice - May 25, 2018
- Champions, Black Panther, and Mystery of Madripoor Go to Second Prints for Marvel Comics - May 25, 2018
- Antarctic Press Seeks Superhero Submissions for the Superverse - May 25, 2018
- Golden Apple Comics Is Now in Diamond Previews: Adventure Van and Blastosaurus - May 25, 2018
- J. Scott Campbell Covers to X-Classified #1 Cancelled - May 25, 2018