In 1984, writer/artist Jack Kirby wrote and drew a number of Justice League Of America stories in the comic Super Powers. Three mini-series over three years, with the League, made up of Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, The Flash, Green Lantern, Hawkman, and more against the forces of Darkseid.
These comics were the only time he would draw the Justice League, and now, finally, DC Comics is collecting them all together into one hardcover.
Out on 29th August for $34.99, it will collect Super Powers Vol. 1 #1-5, Super Powers Vol. 2 #1-6 and Super Powers Vol. 3 #1-4.
Though it’s not the only Super Powers collection out next year. Because on July 4th, DC Comics publishes Super Powers Vol. 1 Paperback by Franco and Art Baltazar collecting the new series.
It shouldn’t be too hard to tell them apart.
- Action Comics #1000 Exclusive Covers From Dan Jurgens, Curt Swan, Francesco Mattina and Tyler Kirkham - March 20, 2018
- Titans and Teen Titans End – What’s Next? - March 20, 2018
- A Sneak Peek at Brian Michael Bendis’s Script for Action Comics #1000 - March 20, 2018
- Chuck Dixon’s Batman Knightfall Recut Continues for 25th Anniversary - March 20, 2018
- The Actual Marvel Comics Solicits for June 2018 - March 20, 2018