Earlier this week, we talked to Cody Rhodes, the former WWE star who makes his debut tonight (in about 45 minutes!!!) at Ring of Honor Final Battle. Rhodes told us that he’s “actively pursuing” a part in the upcoming ABC Inhumans TV show. Wrestlers vying for superhero roles is nothing new, and neither is wrestling fans requesting their favorite wrestler play their favorite superhero. It’s a good fit – both tend to be larger than life, superior physical specimens, and the kind of Shakespearean drama played out in the squared circle isn’t at all unlike what happens inside a comic book.
The latest pro wrestler to throw her hat into the ring for casting in a superhero flick is Charlotte Flair, the former WWE Women’s Champion and daughter of wrestling legend Ric Flair. When asked who she might be interested in playing, Flair responded:
Female Thor https://t.co/U42JFJwQJ9
— Charlotte Flair (@MsCharlotteWWE) December 2, 2016
That’s actually pretty much a perfect choice. We didn’t realize we wanted this before, but now we have to have it.
- Donny Cates Confirms the End of Thanos for April’s Thanos #18… For Now - March 22, 2018
- Jim Cornette Announces Wrestling Comic at IDW, Claims It Will Make You Rich - March 22, 2018
- WWE Admits Talking to Hulk Hogan About Return - March 22, 2018
- Nix Comics Offers Subscription for All Your 2018 Rock N’ Roll, Horror, and Western Comic Needs - March 22, 2018
- Terry Funk Wants to Fight Donald Trump and Joe Biden in a Wrestling Match - March 22, 2018