Earlier this week, we talked to Cody Rhodes, the former WWE star who makes his debut tonight (in about 45 minutes!!!) at Ring of Honor Final Battle. Rhodes told us that he’s “actively pursuing” a part in the upcoming ABC Inhumans TV show. Wrestlers vying for superhero roles is nothing new, and neither is wrestling fans requesting their favorite wrestler play their favorite superhero. It’s a good fit – both tend to be larger than life, superior physical specimens, and the kind of Shakespearean drama played out in the squared circle isn’t at all unlike what happens inside a comic book.
The latest pro wrestler to throw her hat into the ring for casting in a superhero flick is Charlotte Flair, the former WWE Women’s Champion and daughter of wrestling legend Ric Flair. When asked who she might be interested in playing, Flair responded:
Female Thor https://t.co/U42JFJwQJ9
— Charlotte Flair (@MsCharlotteWWE) December 2, 2016
That’s actually pretty much a perfect choice. We didn’t realize we wanted this before, but now we have to have it.
- The Ice King Apology Tour Commences in 1st Look at Adventure Time: Marcy & Simon #1 - December 13, 2018
- Marvel Reveals Phil Noto Interlocking Variants for 80th Anniversary - December 13, 2018
- Lela Gwenn and Matthew Dow Smith Launch Bad Luck Chuck at Dark Horse in March - December 13, 2018
- Joe Illidge Explains Post-Valiant Future in Most Polite Open Letter Ever - December 13, 2018
- #GhostCorps: IDW Teases Something Big for Ghostbusters in 2019 - December 13, 2018