When he died last month, as well as working on a planned new Batman comic with Garth Ennis, Steve Dillon was the regular monthly artist on Marvel’s Punisher series, written by Becky Cloonan.
From issue 10, in February, Marvel have now solicited Matt Horak as the book’s artist.
But for issues that had already been solicited, Punisher #8 will now be drawn by Laura Braga of Witchblade, DC Bombshells and Superior Iron Man and published on January 25th. Which might actually be the first all-female writer/artist team on the book.
Punisher #9’s details are still unknown and it is scheduled for February 15th. Punisher #10 by Cloonan and Horak is currently scheduled for February 1st but I expect that will change.
Punisher #7, Steve’s final issue, which we previewed a little of here, will be published on December 21st with this cover by Declan Shalvey. Which in the circumstances some may seem as widely inappropriate, but I know Steve would have found hilarious. It’s the Punisher after all.
- Your Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man Shakes You Down For Another Dollar - October 18, 2018
- Return of Wolverine #4 Slips Into January 2019 - October 18, 2018
- Ch-Ch-Changes: Vault Of Spiders #2 Adds Scott Koblish, Mark Bagley and More - October 18, 2018
- Sara Pichelli Replaced on Fantastic Four #4 by Stefano Caselli - October 18, 2018
- Ch-Ch-Changes: Luciano Vecchio Will Join Ironheart #1, Issue #2 Slips to January - October 18, 2018