When he died last month, as well as working on a planned new Batman comic with Garth Ennis, Steve Dillon was the regular monthly artist on Marvel’s Punisher series, written by Becky Cloonan.
From issue 10, in February, Marvel have now solicited Matt Horak as the book’s artist.
But for issues that had already been solicited, Punisher #8 will now be drawn by Laura Braga of Witchblade, DC Bombshells and Superior Iron Man and published on January 25th. Which might actually be the first all-female writer/artist team on the book.
Punisher #9’s details are still unknown and it is scheduled for February 15th. Punisher #10 by Cloonan and Horak is currently scheduled for February 1st but I expect that will change.
Punisher #7, Steve’s final issue, which we previewed a little of here, will be published on December 21st with this cover by Declan Shalvey. Which in the circumstances some may seem as widely inappropriate, but I know Steve would have found hilarious. It’s the Punisher after all.
- How Marvel Fans are Now an Identifiable Marketing Trend – in Breakfast Cereals at Least - June 24, 2018
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List – 24th June 2018 – ‘Some of the Best Spider-Man Art of the Decade’ - June 24, 2018
- Blackstar Warrior Gets an Explosive Trailer From Brown Sugar - June 23, 2018
- Nick Derington Drawing Brian Bendis’ Batman for Walmart Exclusive DC Comics - June 23, 2018
- 10 Things We Can Tell You About Ta-Nehisi Coates’ Captain America #1 With Leinil Yu - June 23, 2018