In January, DC Comics is publishing the Kamandi Challenge, where 40 different creators in 20 different teams tell their own Kamandi stories, picking up after each other, creating an exquisite corpse between them.
Well DC Comics don’t want you to forget the original. Which is why they are collecting Kamandi, The Last Boy On Earth #1-#40, all of Jack Kirby‘s issues, into an omnibus volume to come out alongside the new stories, in July next year.
At last, DC presents the adventures of Kamandi, the last boy on Earth, in the popular Jack Kirby Omnibus format!
Kamandi-one of the few survivors of a Great Disaster that has destroyed civilization–must search for a safe haven in a world populated by bizarre mutated animals and other strange wonders! Considered one of Jack Kirby’s most creative works, KAMANDI features a band of anthropomorphic supporting characters who accompany Kamandi as he searches for answers and adventure across the wastelands of Earth.
From one of comics’ legendary creators, Jack Kirby’s Kamandi faces danger from a giant, monstrous crab creature and an intelligent killer whale, and is hunted by the Sacker Company as a valuable intelligent human. In what is considered the series’ greatest tale, Kamandi is forced to compete with the leader of a gorilla clan for the ultimate prize: Superman’s costume!
This hardcover omnibus collects Jack Kirby’s run on KAMANDI, THE LAST BOY ON EARTH #1-40.
- Harley Quinn vs. Darkseid in Closer DC Continuity as Sam Humphries Writes Ongoing Series from #43 - March 17, 2018
- Comic Store In Your Future – Why I’m Hiring a New Employee - March 17, 2018
- In the Wake of Doomsday Clock, DC Comics Collects Don McGregor and Gene Colan’s Nathaniel Dusk - March 17, 2018
- Jim Lee’s First Two Pages for Brian Bendis’ Action Comics #1000 – and a Six Hour Video of Him Drawing One - March 17, 2018
- 481 3rd Ave – the New Location for JHU in New York City - March 17, 2018