December the 7th sees the release of Bleeding Cool Magazine #24, with the fourth annual Top 100 Power List
Every year Bleeding Cool Magazine runs its Top 100 Power List. And every year we get told how wrong we are. But always for completely different reasons and from completely different directions. Why was X in when Y was not? Why is Z is high when W is so low. And neither U or V should be on this list after that incident involving T…
But that’s part of the fun. This attempt to list the most powerful people working in the English speaking comic book marketplace is, of course, flawed. It is judged by all manner of attributes, the ability to influence what comics exist and sell, but also the willingness to use that power in the industry to affect things, and the ability to retain said power if a job is taken away. Which is why you will see a number of people on a higher spot than their bosses.
The Power List rewards those who combine roles, those who are double and triple threats and also where power is concentrated in one person rather than being spread out among many. Some powerful organisations or groups, where power is diffused, drop down or drop out altogether.
It does not measure talent or likeability and also does not intend to represent diversity. All it does is note power, used for betterment – or detriment – in comics.
The list, for the first time, was written with BC writer Christine Marie. It has also been created in consultation with a number of senior figures in the comics industry and I thank them for their help. Although because they all disagree, they’ll all think this is wrong too.
Watch for a new batch every day.
[wpv-view name=”2016-power-list-countdown-version” limit=”5″ offset=”35″]
- A Very Fast Run Through the Sonic #1 WonderCon 2018 Variant - March 23, 2018
- More Action Comics #1000 Covers from Jim Lee, Olivier Coipel, Dave Dorman, and Felipe Massafera - March 23, 2018
- Marvel Uses Father’s Day to Promote Marvel Rising and Marvel Super Hero Adventures - March 23, 2018
- Sneak Peek at The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen: The Tempest from WonderCon 2018 - March 23, 2018
- Only the First Printing of DC Nation #0 Will Be 25 Cents - March 23, 2018