Godspeed was a graphic novel by Barnaby Legg, Jim McCarthy and Steve Beaumont published in 2003, translated into six languages and republished again in a digest format in 2011 by Omnibus Press.
Who Killed Kurt Cobain is a graphic novel by Nicolas Otéro and Vérane Otéro, published this month by IDW.
It has been pointed out that there are some… similarities. The silhouette images and the house splash page and inset look like they may be the most telling. Beaumont’s work is in colour, the Oteros in black and white.
Of course, the book was originally published in France by Glenat in 2015, and licensed to IDW in English. But only on its US publication did the creators of Godspeed notice…
I understand that IDW has been having meetings on this issue today. Comparisons to
- So What’s Coming From Mark Millar And Millarworld In 2019 With Netflix? - November 20, 2018
- Full Boom Studios Catalog for February 2019 – With Hotel Dare for April - November 20, 2018
- The Daily LITG, 20th November 2018 – Happy Birthday Mahmud Asrar - November 20, 2018
- The Full DC Comics Catalog for February 2019 – Going Young - November 19, 2018
- Will Heroes In Crisis #6 Feature Oculus Rift or Playstation VR? - November 19, 2018