Pro wrestler and Drax writer CM Punk quit his job at WWE and retired from professional wrestling in 2014, but fans continue to chant his name to this day, even after a somewhat embarrassing loss in his first foray into mixed martial arts. What was previously only wishful thinking turned into spurious rumors earlier this week when sites of questionable nature began reporting that Punk could return to the ring at Wrestlemania 33. Of course, the light-on-substance rumors appeared to be backed only by the theoretical possibility that Punk could return at the event, rather than any evidence whatsoever that it could actually happen. The rumors were even more unlikely since the headline suggested that Punk would return to Wrestlemania in January, when industry insiders believe the event is more likely to be held in April.
Then, the unthinkable happened. A fan asked Punk on Twitter about the rumor, and Punk responded, confirming that it was all true!
Yes. I also prevented a Ford plant from moving to Mexico. It's true. Going to be big. So big. Bigly. Tremendously bigly. https://t.co/u5xj4ZD4Of
— Coach (@CMPunk) November 18, 2016
Having learned how to detect sarcasm by following the example of Bleeding Cool’s commenters, we feel confident in saying this is a totally legit, non-sarcastic confirmation. Hopefully Punk is able to finish building his wall before the event.
- X-ual Healing: Man-Groot-Thing vs. Hulkverine in Weapon H #4 - June 23, 2018
- X-ual Healing: Milking the Hunt for Wolverine in Claws of a Killer #2 - June 23, 2018
- X-ual Healing: Peak Liefeld Era in Cable #158 - June 23, 2018
- X-ual Healing: The Ol’ Switcheroo in X-Men Gold #30 - June 23, 2018
- Since When Do Psycho Chicks Read Comics? A Pre-Order Preview of Betty & Veronica: Vixens #8 - June 23, 2018