Pro wrestler and Drax writer CM Punk quit his job at WWE and retired from professional wrestling in 2014, but fans continue to chant his name to this day, even after a somewhat embarrassing loss in his first foray into mixed martial arts. What was previously only wishful thinking turned into spurious rumors earlier this week when sites of questionable nature began reporting that Punk could return to the ring at Wrestlemania 33. Of course, the light-on-substance rumors appeared to be backed only by the theoretical possibility that Punk could return at the event, rather than any evidence whatsoever that it could actually happen. The rumors were even more unlikely since the headline suggested that Punk would return to Wrestlemania in January, when industry insiders believe the event is more likely to be held in April.
Then, the unthinkable happened. A fan asked Punk on Twitter about the rumor, and Punk responded, confirming that it was all true!
Yes. I also prevented a Ford plant from moving to Mexico. It's true. Going to be big. So big. Bigly. Tremendously bigly. https://t.co/u5xj4ZD4Of
— Coach (@CMPunk) November 18, 2016
Having learned how to detect sarcasm by following the example of Bleeding Cool’s commenters, we feel confident in saying this is a totally legit, non-sarcastic confirmation. Hopefully Punk is able to finish building his wall before the event.
- Get Your First Look at The Great Wiz and the Ruckus Middle-Grade OGN - October 18, 2018
- Uncanny X-Men #1: A New Preview, and Writers’ Finals Words - October 18, 2018
- Earn Your Preview Badge With This First Look at Black Badge #4 - October 18, 2018
- Marvel Gives Dave Cockrum a Wraparound, Plus More Uncanny X-Men #1 Ch-Ch-Changes - October 18, 2018
- Unwrap Rugrats: C is for Chanukah Holiday Special By Reading This Preview - October 18, 2018