Syfy has announced plans to adapt Robert Heinlein’s 1961 novel Stranger in a Strange Land as a television series. The series is being done by Paramount Television and Universal Cable Productions. This continues the network’s trend of adapting sci-fi and fantasy novels having already done: The Expanse, Childhood’s End, Hyperion and The Magicians.
This is the first adaptation of the Hugo award winning novel that of a human, Valentine Michael Smith, born and raised on Mars coming back to Earth. The story explores many of the ideas and messages that became synonymous with the 60’s like free love, communes and attempts at world peace.
The series will be executive produced by Brad Fischer, James Vanderbilt and William Sherak of Mythology Entertainment; Scott Rudin, Garrett Basch and Eli Bush of Scott Rudin Productions; and Joe Vecchio of Vecchio Entertainment. Mythology’s Julia Gunn will be co-executive producer.
- 5 Things We Want to See in Krypton Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Gotham Season 5, the Final Season - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Black Lightning Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in DC’s Legends of Tomorrow Season 4 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Supergirl Season 4 - June 30, 2018