The Last of Us movie has been talked about for around as long as the game has been out, with the film going through various stages of hot and cold.
However, it seems the film has hit a bit of a snag. Producer Sam Raimi recently spoke to IGN about it and revealed a little bit of the state of play. It seems that the game’s director and film’s writer Neil Druckmann, who seemingly has a fair amount of say on the film, has hit some kind of creative difference with Sony on the movie and it is halting things.
Well, unfortunately that one – when we went to Neil with Ghost House Pictures we were hoping to get the rights like we do any project and then we’d take it out and sell it but we’d control the rights. With this one he went to Sony – who I have a very good relationship with – but they have their own plans for it and I think Neil’s plan for it – I’m not trying to be political – Neil’s plan for it is not the same as Sony’s. And because my company doesn’t have the rights, I actually can’t help him too much.
All we can do is wait on this one really. I’m not 100% certain a film version of this world is needed, but at the same time, I am not opposed. I’d be pretty curious to see how it was handled.
- The Division 2 is Set to Release Before April 2019 - May 18, 2018
- Microsoft Unveils Xbox Adaptive Controller Which Makes Gaming More Accessible - May 17, 2018
- Shenmue 3 has Been Delayed to 2019 - May 16, 2018
- Gearbox Head Seemingly Says Borderlands 3 Won’t Be at E3 - May 16, 2018
- Metro Exodus has Been Delayed Until 2019 - May 16, 2018