Comic and book trailer are a pretty cool idea. They are a nice way to promo upcoming project on social media without having to get people to sit down and read sample pages, etc. The more time people spend on sites like Snapchat, Twitter and Periscope, the faster they need to be impressed. Print media needs to keep up with that and find a good way to advertise for that format. I’ve seen other comic and book trailers, but the one released today by Valiant for Harbinger Renegade #1 is probably the best one I’ve seen. The added movement in the art and the choice of music created an intensity that would take time to build up on a comic page.
Now I’ve already read and reviewed the book and the first issue print run of 46,000 copies has already sold out at the distributor. But I’m curious how well this new trailer will help move the new series by Rafer Roberts and Darick Roberston off the comic shop shelves. The book goes on sale tomorrow.
- 5 Things We Want to See in Krypton Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Gotham Season 5, the Final Season - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Black Lightning Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in DC’s Legends of Tomorrow Season 4 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Supergirl Season 4 - June 30, 2018