According to a report from ICv2, Dabel Brothers Publishing is working to bring a comic book to market based on the popular British comedy series Mr. Bean. Billed as a “graphic novel” series, the first issue will be illustrated by Ricardo Jaime, though no writer has been announced, and will hit stores next Spring.
Before getting a job at Bleeding Cool, in order to better understand the culture of Editor-in-Chief and Lead Rumormonger Rich Johnston, I watched all of the episodes of the Mr. Bean TV show, the animated series, and both the Bean and Mr. Bean’s Holiday feature films. At the time, I assumed these were documentaries about the life of a typical British person, but as it turns out, they are actually meant to be comedy, showing the antics of a grown man with the disposition of a child, as played by Rowan Atkinson.
When it comes to Rich Johnston, however, they remain shockingly accurate.
- Captain Lars Stars in “Epic, Mind-Bending Adventure” for February’s Steven Universe #25 - November 20, 2018
- 2 Covers for Buffy the Vampire Slayer #1 and #2 by Jen Bartel and Ryan Inzana - November 20, 2018
- Because U Demanded It: David Manak and Warren Kremer’s Ewoks Collected in February - November 20, 2018
- Chris Claremont’s Early Iron Fist Work Collected in Deadly Hands of Kung Fu Complete Collection - November 20, 2018
- Cyclops and Wolverine Rebuild the X-Men in February, Starting With Another 8 Dollar Issue - November 20, 2018