According to a report from ICv2, Dabel Brothers Publishing is working to bring a comic book to market based on the popular British comedy series Mr. Bean. Billed as a “graphic novel” series, the first issue will be illustrated by Ricardo Jaime, though no writer has been announced, and will hit stores next Spring.
Before getting a job at Bleeding Cool, in order to better understand the culture of Editor-in-Chief and Lead Rumormonger Rich Johnston, I watched all of the episodes of the Mr. Bean TV show, the animated series, and both the Bean and Mr. Bean’s Holiday feature films. At the time, I assumed these were documentaries about the life of a typical British person, but as it turns out, they are actually meant to be comedy, showing the antics of a grown man with the disposition of a child, as played by Rowan Atkinson.
When it comes to Rich Johnston, however, they remain shockingly accurate.
- Rowan Atkinson Returns For Johnny English 3
- New Marvel Writer Seanan McGuire Totally Geeks Out About the X-Men - May 23, 2018
- Watch the Trailer for Bill Morrison’s Comic Book Adaptation of The Beatles’ Yellow Submarine - May 23, 2018
- Michael Kaluta Joins American Mythology’s Zorro Revival - May 23, 2018
- Buy Your XFL Gear Today Before the League Implodes Again in 2020 - May 23, 2018
- ‘Death’ Artist Chris Bachalo Draws Sandman for Marvel in August - May 22, 2018