In a move whose combined initials secure a marketshare of 35% of all letters in the alphabet, IM Global Television and IDW Entertainment announced they will team up to produce LD50, described as “an expansive, thought-provoking character-drama set in a world in which a virus has decimated the male population and created a tenuous balance between a small pocket of healthy people and the infected women who surround them.” Created by Insurgents screenwriter Scott Dacko, the TV show will be developed at the same time as the IDW comics based on the TV show, similar to the way Mark Millar develops movies based on comics he writes before the first issue comes out.
To celebrate the new partnership, IDW and IM Global Television executives traded compliments in a press release.
“Given our similarities in taste and the complementary nature of our businesses, David Ozer and I have been looking for something to work on together for a while,” said IM Global Television president Mark Stern. “I couldn’t be happier to partner with them on ‘LD50.’ Hopefully, it will be the first of many more to come!”
“We are thrilled to be in business with IM Global,” said IDW Entertainment President David Ozer, returning the favor. “Their continued aggressive growth into the television business coupled with great creative on LD50 made this a very easy decision.”
“Aw shucks,” Stern replied in comments that were cut from the final press release due to space concerns. “Your growth is really aggressive too!”
Boys. Everyone’s growth is really aggressive.
The comics based on LD50 are set to come out next Summer, by which point, the world very well may be post-apocalyptic wasteland just like in the show. We’ll update you on that after the election tomorrow.
- Jean Grey Gets Weird With Nightcrawler in X-Men Red #9 Preview - October 19, 2018
- Would Thor Make a Good Loki? A Preview of What If? Thor #1 - October 19, 2018
- Improbable Previews: An HR Violation for the Mutant Liberation Front in Uncanny X-Men #1 - October 19, 2018
- Does Logan Make a Promise He Can’t Keep in Return of Wolverine #2? (Preview) - October 19, 2018
- Skottie Young Plays the High-Stakes Game of Footsie with Uncanny X-Men #1 Variant - October 19, 2018