In a pre-arranged interview today at CBR, Valiant’s Dinesh Shamdasani and Warren Simons dived deeper into the recently revealed plans to lead November’s Harbinger Renegades series directly into a Harbinger Wars 2 event, conveniently timed to arrive near the Harbinger feature film in 2018.
In addition to teasing some of the relevant plot points behind the upcoming series, including the first appearance of new Valiant Universe big bad Alexander Solomon, they also revealed the
first look at the cover to the Harbinger Wars 2 #0 issue — an “exclusive prelude” to the forthcoming Valiant event that will only be available by snipping out coupons available the first four issues of Harbinger Renegades – by artist Clayton Crain:
It certainly doesn’t look like 2018 is going to be a good year for Toyo Harada, does it…
Most interestingly, however, they also detailed the mechanics of the mail-away coupons themselves. Said Simons:
As a tribute to the classic “Harbinger” #0 from back in the day, we’re making this special prelude chapter available only through a series of mail-away coupons that will be included in “Harbinger Renegade” #1-4, which can be redeemed for a copy of “Harbinger Wars 2” #0 at a later date. Fans can collect and mail away all four coupons to receive an exclusive prelude issue that won’t be found anywhere else until the final hardcover collection of “Harbinger Wars 2” in late 2018.
And now we have a look at the coupons themselves:
So the question is…could you you be tempted to cut up your Valiant comics for a first taste of their 2018 event?
Harbinger Renegade #1 is on sale November 16th from Valiant Entertainment.
- Family Graves Launches from Source Point Press in September Solicits 2018 - June 22, 2018
- Eric Powell’s Spookhouse Goes Weekly in Albatross Funnybooks September 2018 Solicits - June 22, 2018
- DC’s $3.99 Comics to Move Back to 22 Page Stories - June 22, 2018
- Deadpool and the Technet Comes To Mr & Mrs X, in New Updated Solicitations - June 22, 2018
- Marvel Sends a Tonne of Comics to Second and Third Printings - June 22, 2018