Sandwich themed Hollywood gossip blog The Wrap is reporting that Ciaran Hinds, known for playing King Beyond the Wall Mance Rayder in HBO’s Game of Thrones, has been cast as Steppenwolf, the primary antagonist of Warner Bros’ upcoming Justice League film. Fans wondering why the 1960s rock band famous for hits such as Born to Be Wild and Magic Carpet Ride will be an antagonist in a superhero movie will be pleased to learn that Steppenwolf is actually a DC Comics character created by Jack Kirby as part of the New Gods, the uncle of Darkseid and leader of the armies of Apokolips. Hinds will provide the voice for Steppenwolf, who will be a fully CGI character in the film.
This won’t be Steppenwolf’s first appearance in the DC Cinematic Universe. He also allegedly appears briefly in a deleted scene from Batman v. Superman:
Justice League is set for a November 2017 release.
- BOOM! Studios and Natalie Nourigat Want to Teach You How to Break Into Animation - May 25, 2018
- Image Offers Unsold C2E2 Analog #1 Variants Now That It’s Being Adapted for Film - May 25, 2018
- Walking Dead Collectible Sparks Racism Controversy at North Carolina Credit Union - May 25, 2018
- Nikki Bella Wins $15,000 for Red Nose Day Charity on American Ninja Warrior - May 25, 2018
- Look Inside Archie Comics’ Superteens Vs. Crusaders Crossover and Learn How to Preorder It - May 25, 2018