Sandwich themed Hollywood gossip blog The Wrap is reporting that Ciaran Hinds, known for playing King Beyond the Wall Mance Rayder in HBO’s Game of Thrones, has been cast as Steppenwolf, the primary antagonist of Warner Bros’ upcoming Justice League film. Fans wondering why the 1960s rock band famous for hits such as Born to Be Wild and Magic Carpet Ride will be an antagonist in a superhero movie will be pleased to learn that Steppenwolf is actually a DC Comics character created by Jack Kirby as part of the New Gods, the uncle of Darkseid and leader of the armies of Apokolips. Hinds will provide the voice for Steppenwolf, who will be a fully CGI character in the film.
This won’t be Steppenwolf’s first appearance in the DC Cinematic Universe. He also allegedly appears briefly in a deleted scene from Batman v. Superman:
Justice League is set for a November 2017 release.
- X-Men: Bland Design – The Generic Origin of Lydia Nance Revealed in X-Men Gold #22 - February 22, 2018
- It’s Superteens Vs. Crusaders in New Archie Mini-Series in June - February 22, 2018
- X-Men: Bland Design – All Good Things Must End, Like Generation X #87 - February 22, 2018
- Over the Garden Wall Returns with New OGN from Jonathan Case and Jim Campbell - February 22, 2018
- IDW’s Ted Adams Joins CBLDF Board of Directors - February 22, 2018