Sandwich themed Hollywood gossip blog The Wrap is reporting that Ciaran Hinds, known for playing King Beyond the Wall Mance Rayder in HBO’s Game of Thrones, has been cast as Steppenwolf, the primary antagonist of Warner Bros’ upcoming Justice League film. Fans wondering why the 1960s rock band famous for hits such as Born to Be Wild and Magic Carpet Ride will be an antagonist in a superhero movie will be pleased to learn that Steppenwolf is actually a DC Comics character created by Jack Kirby as part of the New Gods, the uncle of Darkseid and leader of the armies of Apokolips. Hinds will provide the voice for Steppenwolf, who will be a fully CGI character in the film.
This won’t be Steppenwolf’s first appearance in the DC Cinematic Universe. He also allegedly appears briefly in a deleted scene from Batman v. Superman:
Justice League is set for a November 2017 release.
- New GWAR OGN The Enormogantic Fail Revisits the Obliteration of Flab Quarv 7 - October 17, 2018
- R.I.P. ResurrXion? Weapon X Missing from Marvel’s January Solicits - October 16, 2018
- Finally, Chuck Austen’s Early X-Men Work Returns to Print at Marvel - October 16, 2018
- Is Ms. Marvel Cancelled? G. Willow Wilson Says It’s Just Taking a “Skip Month” - October 16, 2018
- Chuck Wendig’s Shadow of Vader Not Solicited for January… Has It Been Canceled Completely? - October 16, 2018