Valiant Entertainment have promoted Josh Johns to the newly created position of Director of Digital Media & Development. A longtime member of the Valiant team, Johns initially joined the company in 2011 as an Assistant Editor where he worked on numerous and noted Valiant series including X-O Manowar, Harbinger, Harbinger Wars, Archer & Armstrong, Armor Hunters, and more. Johns then subsequently transitioned to a managerial role overseeing the growth of Valiant’s coordinated efforts in social and digital media, which culminated most recently in the formation of Valiant’s newly announced digital media division, Valiant Digital.
As announced at New York Comic Con last month, Valiant Digital’s first announced project will be the Ninjak Vs. The Valiant Universe – the live-action, six-episode series slated to debut in 2017. Starring Arrow’s Michael Rowe, Power Rangers’ Jason David Frank, and WWE’s John Morrison, among others, Ninjak Vs. The Valiant Universe is one of multiple Valiant Digital projects that Johns and his fellow Valiant staffers had been working on in secret for many months prior to word of the series leaking online.
In his new role, Johns will be tasked with not only continuing his duties producing Ninjak Vs. The Valiant Universe, but developing subsequent Valiant Digital projects in live action, animation, and “emerging media” – such as the live-streaming weekly show for Valiant’s tabletop RPG on Twitch’s HyperRPG channel.
Johns’ prior experience includes Marvel and Atlanta’s Gaijin Studios, where he apprenticed under many notable artists including Brian Stelfreeze, Cully Hamner, Laura Martin and Karl Story.
- DC Comics to Publish English Translation of Batman & the Justice League Manga - March 18, 2018
- Solicits for DC Ink and Zoom Titles Mera, Harley Quinn: Breaking Glass, and DC Super Hero Girls: Search for Atlantis - March 18, 2018
- Brian Michael Bendis’s Creator-Owned Comics to Cost Less from DC Than Marvel - March 18, 2018
- 8 More Absolute/Omnibus Books from DC Comics, from Flashpoint to Before Watchmen - March 18, 2018
- Adapting Madness – Bringing H.P. Lovecraft’s World to Life - March 18, 2018