Captain Marvel isn’t the most imminent Marvel movie, but it also isn’t that far away either. The film doesn’t yet have a director either which seems like something we should be getting soon.
When speaking to Vulture, Marvel’s Kevin Feige said we could probably expect to hear something soon. He said they expect to have a director nailed down by the end of the year, and also opened the curtain just a little on the process of picking a director for a film. He said:
I expect to have a director by the end of the year. We’ve been meeting amazing filmmakers, but often the way we work, as was the case on Doctor Strange and most of our movies, is that we have a … I don’t want to say a ‘road map,’ but we have a general view of what the movie is and then we meet with filmmakers and share that with them and then they pitch it back to us in a better fashion.
He went on to say this is how Doctor Strange‘s Scott Derrickson and Thor: Ragnarok‘s Taika Waititi got their jobs. He then added:
“With Captain Marvel. There’s so much potential in the comics and there have been so many incarnations of her powers and the characters who’ve had that mantle that we’ve been focusing in on exactly how do we tell her origin. How does it fit into the cosmic side of our universe? How does it fit into what we’re doing with the next Avengersmovies? So really, that’s what’s been delaying that particular announcement.
Captain Marvel will be the first solo movie in the universe headed by a woman, so Marvel have an important decision to make here. As long as production stays on track, I hope they take as much time as they need.
- Valve Say They Have Three Full VR Games In The Works - February 10, 2017
- Roadhog’s Hook Is Getting A Small Nerf And Winston Will Be Harder To Kill In New Overwatch PTR Patch - February 10, 2017
- Project Cars 2 Most Likely Won’t Be Coming To Nintendo Switch - February 10, 2017
- These Halo Wars 2 Adverts Harken Back To When Video Game Commercials Were Good Fun - February 9, 2017
- The Walking Dead: A New Frontier Is Coming To Retail Later This Month; Episode 3 Soon After - February 9, 2017