A hot rumour from a couple of good sources on the New York Comic Con show floor was, no, not just the still-unannounced Justice League Vs Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, but that ex-Marvel President Bill Jemas was looking for some cash.
It seems that game company Take Two Interactive have given him the opportunity to buy their comic book division that he currently runs, Double Take, for the princely sum of $1.2 million.
So he’s looking for investors. Guess he must have burnt through that Marvel stock. Take Two currently publish a line that is both a sequel to Night Of The Living Dead but also a new superhero line that spins out of it.
The publisher had a busy NYCC, giving away graphic novels to everyone who came by their stand. But it seems that behind the scenes, they were even busier, currently talking to Chinese investors.
UPDATE: After publication, Bill Jemas replied to previous enquiries saying “not even close”. I understand he has independently contacted a number of news sites to say that this story is a complete fabrication. Based on the number of people I spoke to about this at the show, I can only say it’s own shared by employees, business partners and potential business partners. More to come.
- Boom’s Firefly #1 Has Pre-Orders of 57,291 Copies – Any More For Any More? - October 23, 2018
- Victor Gorelick Does Not Pay Tribute to Archie’s Co-CEO Nancy Silberkleit - October 23, 2018
- NYCC Goss: What’s Up With The Inhumans Then? - October 23, 2018
- NYCC Goss: Sorry, Jane Foster Isn’t Getting Her Own Comic Book? - October 23, 2018
- NYCC Goss: Charles Soule – From Daredevil to Star Wars - October 23, 2018