A hot rumour from a couple of good sources on the New York Comic Con show floor was, no, not just the still-unannounced Justice League Vs Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, but that ex-Marvel President Bill Jemas was looking for some cash.
It seems that game company Take Two Interactive have given him the opportunity to buy their comic book division that he currently runs, Double Take, for the princely sum of $1.2 million.
So he’s looking for investors. Guess he must have burnt through that Marvel stock. Take Two currently publish a line that is both a sequel to Night Of The Living Dead but also a new superhero line that spins out of it.
The publisher had a busy NYCC, giving away graphic novels to everyone who came by their stand. But it seems that behind the scenes, they were even busier, currently talking to Chinese investors.
UPDATE: After publication, Bill Jemas replied to previous enquiries saying “not even close”. I understand he has independently contacted a number of news sites to say that this story is a complete fabrication. Based on the number of people I spoke to about this at the show, I can only say it’s own shared by employees, business partners and potential business partners. More to come.
- 2000AD Hits #2100, Judge Dredd Megazine Hits #400 in Rebellion September 2018 Solicits - June 21, 2018
- New England Comics Launches The Tick #0 For San Diego Comic-Con - June 20, 2018
- Catwoman #1 Cover Suggests She May Not Get Married to Batman - June 20, 2018
- The X-Men Gold #30 Wedding Issue Has Gone to Second Printing - June 20, 2018
- No More Issues of Cyborg: #23 Was Your Last, #24 and #25 Cancelled - June 20, 2018