Lion Forge Comics has grown a lot over the last few weeks, adding in Magnetic Press and announcing Catalyst Prime at NYCC. That wasn’t the only announcement over the weekend though, the publisher has also kicked off a new imprint focused on young readers called CubHouse.
The new line will focus specifically on young adult titles and children’s books independently. David Steward II, Publisher and Founder of Lion Forge explains:
We’re excited to introduce our newest imprint for kids under 12—CubHouse! At Lion Forge our mantra is ‘Comics for Everyone’ and through this imprint and with our new Senior Editor, Andrea Colvin, we will produce quality comics, graphic novels, and visual literature for all kids in that age range. CubHouse joins our other imprints—Roar for Young Adults and Lion Forge for older readers. It began as a small idea, and then caught fire with the rest of our team as a part of our mission to provide our fans with a clear way to find content that suits them.
Steward mentions Andrea Colvin who recently joined Lion Forge as Senior Editor for Roar, their YA line, and will be heading up the CubHouse line as well. Colvin was VP of Content at Andrews McMeel, Director of Publishing Operations for Open Road Integrated Media, and Executive Managing Editor for ABRAMS.
We are thrilled to be extending Lion Forge’s mission of ‘Comics for Everyone’ to younger readers. We know that many children gravitate toward the comics format, and we are committed to creating delightful, informative, exciting, and innovative comics titles that all children can see themselves reflected in—from stories about growing up in the city to stories about growing up in space, and everything in between.
No specific titles or creators were announced at this time.
- Exclusive Extended Previews For Pathfinder: Spiral Bones #1 and Vampirella #11 - March 20, 2018
- Writer’s Commentary: Marc Andreyko on Legenderry Red Sonja #2 - March 20, 2018
- Allison Williams Joins Netflix’s ‘A Series of Unfortunate Events’ - March 20, 2018
- Exclusive First Look at Gabriel Hardman and Carlos D’Anda’s Aliens: Dust to Dust #3 Covers - March 20, 2018
- Legends of Tomorrow Season 3, Episode 15 Recap: Necromancing the Stone - March 20, 2018