So how did they get that figure? Well, presumably, not through Loot Crate, which these days adds half a million copies to a comic book.
There may be a GameStop variant or a Hot Topic variant which would also add numbers, but it doesn’t seem enough, especially when an anecdotal survey reports most retailers ordering on the low side.
Well, I am told that the largest single buyer of Champions #1 was another comics publisher, Scholastic
They run book fairs at schools and have their own variant of Champions #1.
Could that be enough to swing the balance so far?
Have Wal-Mart gone in deep as well?
Any other suggestions?
- Ch-Ch-Changes For Marvel Comics’ Scarlet Spider, Royals And America - October 20, 2017
- Hot Rumour: ReedPOP Gets Into Bed With MCM Comic Con - October 20, 2017
- Quantum And Woody! #0.0001 1/2 Published Digitally, Free Today By Valiant - October 20, 2017
- Fear And Loathing At The Marvel Comics Writers Summit Before New York Comic Con - October 20, 2017
- The Black Eyed Peas Show Off The Augmented Reality In Their New Comic Book - October 20, 2017