So how did they get that figure? Well, presumably, not through Loot Crate, which these days adds half a million copies to a comic book.
There may be a GameStop variant or a Hot Topic variant which would also add numbers, but it doesn’t seem enough, especially when an anecdotal survey reports most retailers ordering on the low side.
Well, I am told that the largest single buyer of Champions #1 was another comics publisher, Scholastic
They run book fairs at schools and have their own variant of Champions #1.
Could that be enough to swing the balance so far?
Have Wal-Mart gone in deep as well?
Any other suggestions?
- After Sixty Years, André Franquin’s Gaston To Be (Finally) Translated Into English, As Gomer Goof - February 19, 2017
- Watching Apple Tree Yard: Sex, Lies And Video Tape - February 19, 2017
- 88 Photos And Videos From New York Toy Fair 2017 Day One - February 19, 2017
- 52 Stories From ComicsPRO – Time To Catch Up On What You Missed Out On - February 18, 2017
- Cover Stories: Red Sonja To Riverdale To Robotech, From J Scott Campbell, Artgerm And More - February 18, 2017