So how did they get that figure? Well, presumably, not through Loot Crate, which these days adds half a million copies to a comic book.
There may be a GameStop variant or a Hot Topic variant which would also add numbers, but it doesn’t seem enough, especially when an anecdotal survey reports most retailers ordering on the low side.
Well, I am told that the largest single buyer of Champions #1 was another comics publisher, Scholastic
They run book fairs at schools and have their own variant of Champions #1.
Could that be enough to swing the balance so far?
Have Wal-Mart gone in deep as well?
Any other suggestions?
- Dark Horse Presents, Cancelled One More Time… - May 29, 2017
- The Writer Who Wouldn’t Talk To His Colourist – Christina Strain Talks About Failure - May 29, 2017
- Secret Empire Plot Affects Marvel Comics’ Memorial Day Tribute - May 29, 2017
- Arya, A New Comic From Sofia Savila And Minjun Chen, Out This August - May 29, 2017
- What Happens In Batman #24 That Will Change Batman From #25 Onward? - May 29, 2017