His thesis project was to develop three novels that demonstrated that crime fiction could be written using a common Midwestern small town. One of them featured a hitman named Quarry.
Collins published three Quarry novels in 1976, one in 1977 and a final one in 1987.
Twenty years later the character was revived by Hard Case Crime, who have published seven new Quarry novels and republished the original thre.
And now, Titan Comics which has got into bed with Hard Case Crime over a number of projects, is to publish a comic book mini-series based on those novels.
And announced at the Baltimore Diamond Retailer Summit. Thanks to Dennis Barger for sending in the pic!
- Harley Quinn vs. Darkseid in Closer DC Continuity as Sam Humphries Writes Ongoing Series from #43 - March 17, 2018
- Comic Store In Your Future – Why I’m Hiring a New Employee - March 17, 2018
- In the Wake of Doomsday Clock, DC Comics Collects Don McGregor and Gene Colan’s Nathaniel Dusk - March 17, 2018
- Jim Lee’s First Two Pages for Brian Bendis’ Action Comics #1000 – and a Six Hour Video of Him Drawing One - March 17, 2018
- 481 3rd Ave – the New Location for JHU in New York City - March 17, 2018