The Dynamite/DC Comics crossover project Wonder Woman ’77/Bionic Woman is interesting on a number of levels. Not least that writer Andy Mangels. denied by DC Comics the opportunity to write the character despite being the biggest fanboy in the world over her, launching Wonder Woman Day, writing books, creating websites, hosting panels about the character and more, will finally get his day.
Government agents Jamie Sommers and Diana Prince team their respective powers against a threat to national security in this series too big for the small screen! In this action-packed miniseries, the two television titans team up to fight a rogue cabal bent on wreaking havoc and stealing deadly weapons. Can CASTRA be stopped before their real targets are revealed and lives are lost? With super powers, bionic enhancements, surprise villains, and an invisible plane, just about anything is possible!
Andy Mangels tells us
“For forty years, fans have been wondering what would happen if their favorite television heroines got to meet. I’m thrilled to get to mix these two feminist icons into a massive story that respects not only the characters themselves, but also the magic that Lynda Carter and Lyndsay Wagner brought to their history-changing roles. The 10-year-old Andy would never have believed that instead of running around in his backyard making ‘wonder leaps’ and ‘bionic runs’, he’d actually get the opportunity to craft stories that mix the best of these two worlds into one!”
Wonder Woman ’77 Meets The Bionic Woman #1by Mangels and Judit Tondor, will be out on December 7th. Here are three covers from the first issue, by Alex Ross and Cat Staggs and a seventies-style Colouring Book Cover.
- No One Told JH Williams III That Promethea Was Joining the Justice League - January 18, 2018
- Cult Classic: Return to Whisper #1 from Vault Comics Gets a Surprise FOC - January 18, 2018
- Marvel Comics Created Variant of Doctor Strange: Damnation to Be More Bible-Belt-Friendly - January 18, 2018
- BLACK Gets a New Series in April as BLACK [AF] Widows - January 18, 2018
- DC Comics Fixes Justice League International Omnibus Problems (Some Of Them) With Stealth Second Printing - January 18, 2018