Melissa Rosenberg realizes what might be the toughest thing about a second season of Jessica Jones… that would be trying to live up to the season one villain of Zebediah Killgrave. David Tennant did such an amazing job as the Purple Man that they’ve decided to not even try to duplicate it.
Entertainment Weekly asked the show runner how they would be approaching the season two antagonist:
Or antagonists, plural. No one is ever going to beat David Tennant as Kilgrave, so you don’t do that. The biggest mistake would be to try to repeat that. You just go, “OK, we’re not doing that, so we have this open to us.”
She didn’t say who the villains are… of course. But since the series takes place after the Defenders we could see a character introduced there or there is always bringing back Bill Simpson as Nuke for a few episodes.
Netflix has not given the second season of Marvel’s Jessica Jones a release date, but it is likely to be 2018… unless they go to three series a year.
- Legends of Tomorrow Season 3: The Show is Casting a Young Barack Obama - January 20, 2018
- Black Lightning Repeat Beats New Episode of Crazy Ex-Girlfriend - January 20, 2018
- Agents of SHIELD Season 5, Episode 8 Recap: The Last Day - January 20, 2018
- Lucifer Season 3: Will Amenadiel be a Wedge Between Dr. Linda and Maze? - January 19, 2018
- Forging Hephaestus: Drew Hayes Builds a Universe from the Villains’ POV - January 19, 2018