She was a close comics collaborator with her late husband, Pierre Culliford better known as Peyo, creator of the Smurfs.
But as her husband’s colourist, she was also the person who decided the Smurfs should be blue.
And she continued to work on the Smurfs comics after her husband died in 1992 aged 64, working with their son Thierry as producer and colourists, working with new artists who took over the popular characters.
The next Smurfs film, The Lost Village, is scheduled for release next spring.
- New Jersey School Board Votes to Keep Alison Bechdel’s Fun Home on the Curriculum - October 13, 2018
- Big Books From Marvel in 2019 – Omnibus, Masterworks and Epic Lines - October 13, 2018
- Marvel Comics to Bring Back Starforce Ahead of Captain Marvel Film - October 13, 2018
- Marvel to Publish Sequel to Brendan Deenan and Cale Atkinson’s Night Night Groot - October 13, 2018
- Marvel to Publish Sequel to Oversized Behold… Galactus Hardcover in May - October 13, 2018