Mike Grell, writer and artist on such classic series as Green Arrow: Longbow Hunters, The Warlord and Jon Sable, will be attending this weekends Heroes Con in Charlotte, North Carolina (June 17th – 19th). He is at the show on behalf of the Hero Initiative and will be signing all weekend at their booth, #1022 / #1121.
Also at the show as ambassadors for the charity are: Gabriel Ba + Fabio Moon, Mark Bagley, Marguerite Bennett, Reilly Brown, Richard Case, Matthew Clark, Matt Fraction, Sanford Greene, Casey Jones, Tom Lyle, Ron Marz, Andrew Pepoy, Tom Raney, Bart Sears, Andy Smith, Roy Thomas and Lee Weeks. Each of them will have a donation bucket on their table.
The Hero Initiative is a federally charted not-for-profit corporation dedicated strictly to helping comic book creators in need. They create a safety net for the men and women who built this industry and created the heroes and villains that we all love today. The Initiative helps with emergency medical aid, financial support for the essentials of life and they work to help these creators back into paying work. To date the Hero Initiative has granted over $950,000 to comic veterans.
For more information, visit www.heroinitiative.org or call 626-676-6354.
- One More Thing: Questions About The Flash, Marvel’s Jessica Jones, and More - March 17, 2018
- Krypton Season 1: The Symbol You Know - March 17, 2018
- Martin Freeman Says Sherlock Isn’t Fun Anymore - March 17, 2018
- Black Lightning Season 1: What is the A.S.A. that Gambi was Talking About? - March 17, 2018
- Agents of SHIELD Season 5, Episode 13 Recap: Principia - March 17, 2018