Dead Island 2 has had one of the most torrid development cycles of a AAA game that I can remember in a long time. The game was stripped from talented developer Yager not too long ago after years of work, and it was then announced that Sumo Digital would be taking the reigns.
However, that handover might not have actually worked in the game’s favour either. NeoGAF user DeathSparks, has spotted that the game is no longer listed on Steam. You can see it being unlisted in this image.
This of course isn’t a confirmation. It could have been taken down to then be re-announce, possibly with a new title. Or Deep Silver could also just be quietly closing the game down after an awful production cycle. I assume we will find out soon, as if the game is absent from E3, it’s probably safe to assume something is very wrong.
- Anthem Shows Off the Legion of Dawn in New Trailer - December 14, 2018
- DayZ is Now Out of Early Access and You Can Play it For Free This Weekend - December 14, 2018
- Marvel’s Spider-Man’s Final DLC Gets Release Date – Will Have Into the Spider Verse Suit - December 13, 2018
- Tony Hawk has a New Game for Mobile - December 13, 2018
- Kingdom Hearts Gets Opening Cinematic With New Skrillex Collaboration - December 10, 2018