Dead Island 2 has had one of the most torrid development cycles of a AAA game that I can remember in a long time. The game was stripped from talented developer Yager not too long ago after years of work, and it was then announced that Sumo Digital would be taking the reigns.
However, that handover might not have actually worked in the game’s favour either. NeoGAF user DeathSparks, has spotted that the game is no longer listed on Steam. You can see it being unlisted in this image.
This of course isn’t a confirmation. It could have been taken down to then be re-announce, possibly with a new title. Or Deep Silver could also just be quietly closing the game down after an awful production cycle. I assume we will find out soon, as if the game is absent from E3, it’s probably safe to assume something is very wrong.
- PUBG Looks to be Bringing Halloween Content to the Game - October 17, 2018
- New SoulCalibur 6 Video Teaches You The Basics - October 16, 2018
- Breath of the Wild Style Open World Pokemon Game Possibly “Still on the Cards” - October 16, 2018
- Destiny 2 Glitch Could Confirm Next Expansion Location - October 15, 2018
- Pokemon Go Still Surging as Game Makes $84 Million in September - October 15, 2018