Well, there’s no sign of Marvel Comics making the switch. Instead, they look like they’d like to have their cake and eat it.
Which is why Gamestop will be getting a five figure shipment of an exclusive retailer variant cover for the Marvel Hip Hop Covers Vol 1 hardcover collection.
That’s right, it’s a retailer exclusive variant cover of a collection of… variant covers.
I don’t know why Eric Stephenson doesn’t just go for David Gabriel’s throat.
Oh, and in other exclusive retailer variant cover news, the comic that is expected to give another Captain America #1/DC Universe Rebirth plot twist to the industry, Civil War II #3 will also be made available with exclusive retailer variant covers
As will the launch of the ongoing series Deadpool & The Mercs For Money #1
And here’s a query for you… if the DC Universe Rebirth Midnight Variant cover was only made available to retailers holding midnight opening launches, then how come ultimatecomics4u, an online-only store has copies to sell on Amazon?
- Boom’s Firefly #1 Has Pre-Orders of 57,291 Copies – Any More For Any More? - October 23, 2018
- Victor Gorelick Does Not Pay Tribute to Archie’s Co-CEO Nancy Silberkleit - October 23, 2018
- NYCC Goss: What’s Up With The Inhumans Then? - October 23, 2018
- NYCC Goss: Sorry, Jane Foster Isn’t Getting Her Own Comic Book? - October 23, 2018
- NYCC Goss: Charles Soule – From Daredevil to Star Wars - October 23, 2018