Legend, the comic-book debut of acclaimed novelist Sam Sattin (The Silent End, League Of Somebodies) with art by award-winning artist Chris Koehler, is due out tomorrow from Z2 Comics. A post-apocalyptic animal story, Legend explores a world ruled by our once-domesticated cats and dogs.
Though Legend tackles some of the important issues facing us today — religious conflict, opposing political systems, and the environment — it is an engaging tale told through the eyes of our own best friends. Since dogs actually see the world differently than we do, Chris’ use of color echoes Sam’s subtext, bathing the canine world in a chromatic, saturated glow. Sam who was Chris’ student at California College of the Arts and is an artist himself, and Chris, whose illustrations have appeared in The Atlantic and Wired, have collaborated for a comic that recalls beloved stories while creating something entirely new.
If you can find it.
It’s already sold out its first print run by Z2 Comics from Diamond Comic Distribution and a second print is being lined up. With a new cover like this by Alexis Ziritt…
Take a peek…
- Batman’s Plan for Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy in This Week’s Batman #43 - March 19, 2018
- Man, Everyone Gets to be Worthy These Days (Thanos #16 and #17 Spoilers) - March 19, 2018
- Family of Star Wars/Deadpool Artist Nicole ‘Nik’ Virella Raising Money for Operation - March 19, 2018
- Golden Apple Comics Shop Launches Its Own Comics with Darick Robertson, Michael McMillian, and Lindsey Stirling - March 19, 2018
- Christopher Sebela and Joshua Hixson Launch Shanghai Red from Image in June - March 19, 2018