Legend, the comic-book debut of acclaimed novelist Sam Sattin (The Silent End, League Of Somebodies) with art by award-winning artist Chris Koehler, is due out tomorrow from Z2 Comics. A post-apocalyptic animal story, Legend explores a world ruled by our once-domesticated cats and dogs.
Though Legend tackles some of the important issues facing us today — religious conflict, opposing political systems, and the environment — it is an engaging tale told through the eyes of our own best friends. Since dogs actually see the world differently than we do, Chris’ use of color echoes Sam’s subtext, bathing the canine world in a chromatic, saturated glow. Sam who was Chris’ student at California College of the Arts and is an artist himself, and Chris, whose illustrations have appeared in The Atlantic and Wired, have collaborated for a comic that recalls beloved stories while creating something entirely new.
If you can find it.
It’s already sold out its first print run by Z2 Comics from Diamond Comic Distribution and a second print is being lined up. With a new cover like this by Alexis Ziritt…
Take a peek…
- Howard Chaykin Had To Change Another Cover ‘For Divided States Of Hysteria’ - August 17, 2017
- Who Is… Batman: The Dawnbreaker In ‘Dark Nights: Metal’? (SPOILERS) - August 17, 2017
- The Washington DC Comic Store That Wants A Liquor License - August 17, 2017
- Walking Dead, Star Wars And Metal Top Advance Reorders - August 17, 2017
- 13 DC Comics Covers For September From Rafael Albuquerque, Jill Thompson, Artgerm, Emanuela Lupacchino And More - August 17, 2017