What to do when there are so many comics to read and so little time? Well, miniseries collected in trade paperback form are always nice options, and I’m here to tell you that this week brings the release of an excellent one from BOOM! Studios. The series is called The Fiction, and it’s written by Curt Pires, with art by David Rubin. It’s been about a year since I sat down to read the first issue, and I remember how strongly I felt that the comic would fly off the shelves. The presence of magical books excited me to no end, and in fact, it’s one of the reasons I’m looking forward to reading the TP all over again.
For those of you who don’t know, The Fiction is a story that reminds us how the past can come back to haunt us. Four childhood friends discover a box of strange books that, when read aloud, can transport them to the beautiful, imaginary worlds described within. But when one of them goes missing, the others vow never to reveal where they’ve been and what they’ve seen. Fast forward to their adult lives, and another one goes missing too. Now it’s up to Kassie and Max to find their lost friends. Trust me, this is an adventurous read with beautiful artwork throughout. You don’t want to miss out on The Fiction TP. Need a bit more convincing? Check out the preview below…
- The Retro 90s Style We Loved In Pokemon TCG Is Back! - November 12, 2016
- #OddlyCrypticTweets Purpose Revealed! A Chat With Otis Frampton About The Future Of Oddly Normal - November 12, 2016
- A Deep Conversation About Storytelling: BOOM! Studios Discovering New Worlds At NYCC 16′ - October 8, 2016
- “SCOTT SNYDER LIKES MY BOOK!” The Image Comics Storytelling Panel NYCC 16’ - October 8, 2016
- “You Learn A Lot From Reading” Be Your Own Superhero: Intersectional Feminism In Comics At NYCC 16′ - October 8, 2016