Stardew Valley really is just a lovely title. The game, which was largely designed by Eric Barone, has gone huge taking over YouTube, Twitch and professional outlets too. The quaint farming game has really struck a chord with people.
In fact, it really has succeeded financially too. The title has sold over a million copies according to publisher Chucklefish. Speaking to Polygon, they said:
It’s actually at 1,007,000 [copies sold] as of now
That really is insane to consider. There aren’t too many indie games that explode over that seven figure line. This is great to hear, and it is such a lovely little game, it’s hard to feel anything but a bit of joy about its success.
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Sold 3 Million Copies in 11 Days in the US - December 18, 2018
- Grab a Free Copy of Subnautica on the Epic Store Over the Holidays - December 18, 2018
- Anthem Shows Off the Legion of Dawn in New Trailer - December 14, 2018
- DayZ is Now Out of Early Access and You Can Play it For Free This Weekend - December 14, 2018
- Marvel’s Spider-Man’s Final DLC Gets Release Date – Will Have Into the Spider Verse Suit - December 13, 2018