The Oculus Rift has been a promising little product for years now, but up until now, it has remained just that. A promise. Unless you were picking up a dev kit, you probably haven’t had regular access to the device, if any at all.
Well, it appears as if high end VR is here. Today, CEO of Oculus Brendan Iribe posted to Twitter that those who were the first to order the Oculus and got into the March window will begin to get their headsets from Monday. These headsets have now been shipped.
The first Oculus Rift has shipped, deliveries begin Monday 3.28.2016. pic.twitter.com/C0MMKmezun
— Brendan Iribe (@brendaniribe) March 24, 2016
This is pretty exciting. This could easily be the biggest shift in gaming in a long, long time. After years of speculation, for this to be with us, I’m very excited that it has all suddenly become very physical. .
- PS4 is in the Final Stages of its Life Says Sony Interactive CEO - May 22, 2018
- Paladins Mobile Game Promo Accidentally Used Overwatch Art - May 22, 2018
- Battlefield V Gets the Shortest of Teasers Ahead of Reveal on Wednesday - May 21, 2018
- Grand Theft Auto V Nears 100 Million Copies Sold - May 21, 2018
- Resident Evil 7 is Coming to Nintendo Switch By Way of the Cloud - May 21, 2018