The Oculus Rift has been a promising little product for years now, but up until now, it has remained just that. A promise. Unless you were picking up a dev kit, you probably haven’t had regular access to the device, if any at all.
Well, it appears as if high end VR is here. Today, CEO of Oculus Brendan Iribe posted to Twitter that those who were the first to order the Oculus and got into the March window will begin to get their headsets from Monday. These headsets have now been shipped.
The first Oculus Rift has shipped, deliveries begin Monday 3.28.2016. pic.twitter.com/C0MMKmezun
— Brendan Iribe (@brendaniribe) March 24, 2016
This is pretty exciting. This could easily be the biggest shift in gaming in a long, long time. After years of speculation, for this to be with us, I’m very excited that it has all suddenly become very physical. .
- Destiny 2’s Next DLC Set to Launch December 4th - November 16, 2018
- THQ Nordic has 35 Unannounced Projects After Acquiring Two New Studios - November 14, 2018
- Overwatch League Team Chengdu Hunters Revealed - November 13, 2018
- Ark: Survival Evolved Hit All Time Peak Players On Steam This Weekend - November 13, 2018
- Despite Activision’s Comments, Destiny 2 Director Says Bungie Aren’t Disappointed With Forsaken - November 12, 2018