Over $250,000 worth of comic books were stolen from Comics Plus, a store in Macon, Georgia after they were broken into on Wednesday night by four burglars using a crowbar, who then ripped out the store’s alarm system. It is said that thy knew exactly what they were doing.
The theft seems to bear that out. Only the most valuable comics were stolen, including the first eight issues of Justice League Of America and first twenty issues of X-Men from the sixties, and over $2000 in cash, totalling over a quarter of a million dollars and trashing the store in the process.
The comics were all CGC slabbed, so it is possible they could be traced and recovered. But anyone in the area, do be wary if you get what appears to be a really good deal offered on these comics.
Here are some local TV news reports of the incident.
- Boom’s Firefly #1 Has Pre-Orders of 57,291 Copies – Any More For Any More? - October 23, 2018
- Victor Gorelick Does Not Pay Tribute to Archie’s Co-CEO Nancy Silberkleit - October 23, 2018
- NYCC Goss: What’s Up With The Inhumans Then? - October 23, 2018
- NYCC Goss: Sorry, Jane Foster Isn’t Getting Her Own Comic Book? - October 23, 2018
- NYCC Goss: Charles Soule – From Daredevil to Star Wars - October 23, 2018