I am told that DC’s Vertigo is undergoing a similar rebranding exercise as DC’s Rebirth from July, but to expect announcements at Emerald City Comic Con in Seattle, from April 7th to the 10th, rather than at this weekend’s LA-based Wondercon.
The recent attempt to look like more like Image Comics with an expansion of creator-participant titles delivered no breakout comics and saw a market that seem disinclined to support them, however good they were. And some were very good indeed.
I am told that Vertigo is going to rebrand itself, with an emphasis on a more “classic” Vertigo tone with work-for-hire mature reader takes on lower profile DC Comics superhero properties. Like they used to do.
DC Comics did not respond to enquiries made yesterday.
- What Will Hal Jordan Discover About the Future of the DC Multiverse? (SPOILERS) - May 21, 2018
- The Hunt for the Signing Tickets at Anime Central 2018 - May 21, 2018
- Amazon to Announce Something Epic for ComiXology - May 21, 2018
- Bloke’s Progress from Hunt Emerson and The Pen Is Mightier from Martin Rowson from Knockabout Press - May 21, 2018
- After Deadpool 2, Rob Liefeld and Jim Lee Riff on the No-Feet Drawing Trope - May 21, 2018