I am told that DC’s Vertigo is undergoing a similar rebranding exercise as DC’s Rebirth from July, but to expect announcements at Emerald City Comic Con in Seattle, from April 7th to the 10th, rather than at this weekend’s LA-based Wondercon.
The recent attempt to look like more like Image Comics with an expansion of creator-participant titles delivered no breakout comics and saw a market that seem disinclined to support them, however good they were. And some were very good indeed.
I am told that Vertigo is going to rebrand itself, with an emphasis on a more “classic” Vertigo tone with work-for-hire mature reader takes on lower profile DC Comics superhero properties. Like they used to do.
DC Comics did not respond to enquiries made yesterday.
- A G-Rated Deadpool… - August 18, 2018
- Unboxing Firefly’s May 2018 Loot Crate with Kaylee … in August - August 18, 2018
- Doomsday Clock, Heroes In Crisis and John Byrne – All in Action Comics #1002 - August 18, 2018
- From East Asian to Caucasian – Psylocke Switches Back on Wednesday - August 17, 2018
- Court Places 3-Year Restraining Order on Keya Morgan to Stay Away from Stan Lee - August 17, 2018