I am told that DC’s Vertigo is undergoing a similar rebranding exercise as DC’s Rebirth from July, but to expect announcements at Emerald City Comic Con in Seattle, from April 7th to the 10th, rather than at this weekend’s LA-based Wondercon.
The recent attempt to look like more like Image Comics with an expansion of creator-participant titles delivered no breakout comics and saw a market that seem disinclined to support them, however good they were. And some were very good indeed.
I am told that Vertigo is going to rebrand itself, with an emphasis on a more “classic” Vertigo tone with work-for-hire mature reader takes on lower profile DC Comics superhero properties. Like they used to do.
DC Comics did not respond to enquiries made yesterday.
- Your Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man Shakes You Down For Another Dollar - October 18, 2018
- Return of Wolverine #4 Slips Into January 2019 - October 18, 2018
- Ch-Ch-Changes: Vault Of Spiders #2 Adds Scott Koblish, Mark Bagley and More - October 18, 2018
- Sara Pichelli Replaced on Fantastic Four #4 by Stefano Caselli - October 18, 2018
- Ch-Ch-Changes: Luciano Vecchio Will Join Ironheart #1, Issue #2 Slips to January - October 18, 2018