I’m still making my way through The Division for review, but I know a lot of people have been out in the abandoned Manhattan, working their way through looters in the name of the re-finding society.
And how do I know that? Well because the game is the biggest launch Ubisoft has ever had. The publisher announced that the game beat the 24 hour record of any game it has ever released, even beating Watch Dogs, which was the biggest new IP ever when it in turn launched in 2014 (later getting beaten out by Destiny in the same year).
That’s pretty good going for the game. The question is can if become the biggest new IP launch ever? I suppose we will have to see what sales are like in a week or so.
We’ll get back to you on what we are thinking of the game soon too.
- EA is Talking About Cross-Play for FIFA, Says Creative Director - June 18, 2018
- Nintendo Is Open to Doing a Live E3 Presentation Again - June 18, 2018
- Beyond Good and Evil 2 Beta Looks to be Aiming for the End of 2019 - June 18, 2018
- Sea of Thieves Beat its Three Month Target Within One Day Thanks to Xbox Game Pass - June 18, 2018
- The Elder Scrolls 6 has an Internal Release Date but Bethesda Won’t Tell us Yet - June 18, 2018