Hot on the heels of this weekend’s second annual In Store Convention Kick-Off, I’ve understand that Jonesy #1 has sold out at the distributor level.
Jonesy is the latest hit from Boom! Box, home of Lumberjanes and Giant Days, written by Sam Humphries (Weirdworld) and Caitlin Rose Boyle (Buck n’ Lou & The Night Crew). My sources tell me that the quirky romantic comedy comic has sold 10,077 copies to date. A second printing will be announced soon and issue #2 will be in stores on March 16th.
Boom! offered an exclusive variant cover by Kendra Wells for In Store Convention Kick-Off and had Humphries on their panel promoting the project heavily. This seems to have spurred some reorder activity on the remaining copies at Diamond and wiped the distributor out of their remaining stock. Humphries visiting Portland to talk to retailers at the recent ComicsPRO Annual Meeting may have had something to do with it as well.
Jonesy is about a young girl who has the power to make people fall in love with each other. Instead of using it to put together lonely hearts, Jonesy uses her powers to cause mischief. I’ve checked it out and it’s exactly the kind of comic fans of Lumberjanes or Scott Pilgrim are looking for. Here’s a look at the second print cover. Your store might still have a copy of the first printing on their shelf if you hurry.
- From East Asian to Caucasian – Psylocke Switches Back on Wednesday - August 17, 2018
- Court Places 3-Year Restraining Order on Keya Morgan to Stay Away from Stan Lee - August 17, 2018
- All The Reasons Batman’s Atheism Doesn’t Make Sense – and One That Does - August 17, 2018
- Comixology Bestseller List – 17th August 2018 – Batman, Justice League, and WicDiv Top Chart - August 17, 2018
- The Ugly Side of Comics: The Golden Age – Michael Davis, From The Edge - August 17, 2018